(1-B) Philips SHE3590, $12. Strong bass, v-shape, good extension on both ends.
(1) Brainwavz Beta, $13-$29. Punchy bass, lively mids, slightly grainy highs, excellent sound imaging. Available with in-line remote/mic version.
(1) Meelectronics M6, $17-$23. Somewhat bloated bass, slightly recessed mids, slightly bright highs that have minor sibilance. Rather energetic sound. Good build quality.
(1) JVC HA-FX40, $20. Clear, bright and aggressive sound with good bass response.
(1) DUNU Trident, $30-$40 Good price/quality ratio. Warm pleasing sound with decent balance.
(1) SoundMagic E30, $35-$40. Rather balanced clean sound. Strong bass in impact and quantity, clear mids, treble has nice extension and clarity.
(1) Meelectronics A151, $45-$50. Full warm sound. Full bass, clean smooth mids, clean highs. Build quality is great, no microphonics.
(1) Dunu Ares, $50-$75. Decent overall balanced sound, leans slightly to the warm sound. Bass is decent, mids and highs are lush, but slightly grainy. Excellent build quality and packaging.